Wow, and what a year it has been. 2013 was full of firsts, and a few seconds, and even a couple thirds.
- February 5th my first novel, Heart Like an Ocean was published by 5 Prince Publishing!
- In April we moved in to our second house that Kyle (my husband) built.
- In July we bought our dream property--a beautiful 15 acre horse farm.
- On August 9th we welcomed into the world our second child, and second son, Deacon! He was 3 days early, much to our surprise after his older brother was 14 days late!
- On September 12th I had my very first book signing and reading and McNally Robinson--what an experience!
- On September 13th we got possession of our new house and we moved for the second time in 2013 :D And hopefully the last time ever!
- October 22nd my second book, Unforgiving Plains was published!
- Aaaand, last but not least, my oldest son, Jasper, turns TWO on December 31st! (today) :D Happy Birthday, little man.
Just writing all this down makes my head spin lol. Now, to crunch a few numbers...
- As of now (and I haven't received reports back for the entire year yet) I've sold over 200 copies of Heart Like an Ocean, Not huge numbers... but numbers that I am very happy with nonetheless.
- I've sold 20 print copies of Unforgiving Plains in the last 24 hours!
- And I have no idea how many copies of Unforgiving Plains I've sold online yet, but I can't wait to find out.
I have many goals for the year 2014 involving writing. I hope sales follow but, in the end, the fact that I can write books and get them out to people is a dream come true. And the people I have met along the way has been an incredible experience.
- Andrew Lorenz, founder of September 17 Productions writes and publishes his own comic books. And they are awesome! He has become a great friend and supporter in this past year.
- Sara Barnard, fellow 5 Prince Publishing author writes historical fiction. We bonded over writing, family, and our love of animals.
- Carmen DeSousa has been there right from the start of my journey. She is a multi-time best selling author of romantic suspense and has been encouraging, supportive and just plain awesome.
- Author, Anne-Rae Vasquez is a new Twitter friend and author of Doubt Book 1 of the Among Us Trilogy.
- Of course, everyone at 5 Prince Publishing has been fantastic and family and friends have been overwhelmingly supportive. I am so very blessed.